you may be wondering what's going on...or you probably already know what's about to happen.

To recap, about a year ago, I started culinary school...or pastry school to be more exact. After 5 quarters of studying and *trying* to master the art of pastry; it's time for me to graduate. March 5 is my "C.O.D." (chef of the day). C.O.D. is the required final project and is composed of the skills and techniques learned, and personal creativity and taste. Within 4 days I am required to make: a type of bread that requires at least 2 days to make (aka a 2 day bread), a
viennoiserie, a decorated mousse cake, a chocolate/candy or petit four, a tart, and a plated dessert. All of which have to be made from seasonal and somewhat local ingredients (from the NW or at least west of the U.S.). Oh boy....

I've actually been looking forward to this for a while and I'm getting more excited as the day comes near. Passion is the name of my C.O.D. because baking is my passion. Combining east and west is my theme. On the menu...we have...

Bread: Pain au Levain with Bacon Roasted Garlic
Viennoiserie: Bouchees with Rendang and Acar
Tart: Roasted Pineapple with Lime Mascarpone, Pistachio, and Oranges marinated in Spiced Red Wine
Mousse Cake: Black Sesame Spongecake base with Soursop coulis, and Coconut and Mango Mousse
Plated Dessert: Pear and Kumquat Mousse with Chocolate Sauce, Coconut Loveletters, Cirrus Cheese and Kumquat Rice Wine Cocktail
Chocolate: Tea Ganache with Passionfruit and Pomelo Flower

Everything must be displayed by 11am on "the day", and will be judged by the chefs that I have been studying under. Afterwards, it will be open to the public for viewing at around 12:15p.m. Viewing is free but samples cost $5 (school's policy) and must be ordered in advanced....anyone want a taste ;p...

Here I go...

Comments (8)

On 6:52 AM , Unknown said...

tt

i know you will make'C.O.D' and will be the best chef in the future and bring home abundance 'c.o.d' cash on delivery

best wishes

 
On 11:48 AM , Unknown said...

Good luck to you! I believe you will go great! BTW, how can I send you a question? I am new to your blog and still exploring as many as possible your articles. Thank you.

 
On 2:49 PM , Anonymous said...

What coincidence! The two predestined birthdays! Could free sample dream come true . . .

 
On 3:57 PM , Anonymous said...

Good luck on the big day!

 
On 9:01 AM , Little Corner of Mine said...

Congrats and best of luck on March 5. I know you will do well, with your love and passion put into it, blow them away man! :)

 
On 11:34 PM , Don said...

YAY ! You will surely make it tt. Kitchen god is with you
- Don

 
On 1:40 AM , tina said...

Good luck on March 5. We all know that you will make COD!

 
On 10:06 PM , Esther said...

Hi There!

Chance upon your blog and love it!!Knowing that you are graduating fr culinary school soon. Here's my best wishes for you. ALL THE BEST!

Best Rgds
Esther