Ingredients:
-1/2lb beef
-1/2lb fresh rice noodles (aka rice ribbon)
-approx. 1 ½ cups bean sprouts
-3 tbs dark soy sauce
-oyster sauce, salt, sugar, pepper
-3 tbs oil
-3 cloves garlic
-4 green onions
-2 tbs cooking wine (optional, to flambé)

What to Do:
Slice beef into thin slices and mix with 1 tsp oyster sauce, pinch of sugar and pepper. Unravel noodles and toss with 1 tbs oil. Wash and cut onions into 2 inch long pieces. Crush and mince garlic. Heat a wok without oil for a few mins, and then add oil and heat oil before adding the garlic. Fry garlic until fragrant, continue by adding beef and sprouts mix well and add the noodles. Sprinkle in the wine and light with a match. Toss over low heat until fire burns out; add soy sauce, onions, salt, sugar and pepper to taste.

Comments (7)

On 3:10 PM , diddy said...

hi TT!
Yum! I love rice noodles! I tried making my own fresh rice noodle sheets but this is one of the few times that I think my homemade isn't as good as storebought ones fresh rice noodles. Yours looks delish!

 
On 7:17 PM , hoangtam/tt said...

lance,

beef chow fun is just the cantonese name for the dish and it's used everywhere. Chow means to stir fry, fun is the name for the rice noodles. So beef chow fun = stir fried beef and noodles. you can probably guess where the name chow mein comes from too huh? ;P

 
On 5:42 AM , Jade said...

hi,
I came across your blog some time ago and now that I'm back for summer, I decided to try ur recipe for taro puffs. they were absolutely FANTASTIC! thank you sooo much for sharing! the only problem though was that in my excitement,I fried it all in one batch...and they got soggy after a few hours..any tips on rewarming the puffs?

 
On 10:14 PM , hoangtam/tt said...

lychee,
if they get soggy you can toast them up oven.

 
On 7:25 PM , Anonymous said...

did you mean soy sauce instead of oyster sauce?? cause i was reading the direction and it said soy sauce but the ingredients said oyster sauce

 
On 6:25 AM , hoangtam/tt said...

use both soy and oyster sauce

 
On 2:47 PM , viviene said...

this looks so yummy any easy to make - thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful recipes! wondering if you have a recipe for a shark fin soup w/ pigeon eggs and mushrooms? I have a friend who makes it but I thought you might have a variation on your website as well? please let me know. thanks!