Are you really? I’ve been tagged by Lin from Sinfully Yours. Regarding my eating habits; I must say I love anything sweet and chocolaty. Secondly, I prefer veggies over meats; definitely not a fan of fish dishes. My worst nightmare is to have to eating bland food; I just don’t understand how some people could eat things that taste like cardboard. Lastly, I admit I’m a street food addict, I’m sure most people who read this are too. Here goes my list of all time top 10 favorite eats.

#1: Bismark Doughnuts: OH GOD they’re good, the chewy doughnut, filled with rich pastry cream and glazed with chocolate, what’s there not to love?

#2: Gỏi Cuốn (Fresh Spring Rolls aka Summer Rolls): This particular type of fresh spring roll is made with prawns, pork, rice vermicelli, herbs, and bean sprouts; dipped in hoison and peanut sauce right before it enters your mouth and explodes in a burst of flavors.

#3: Strawberry Milk Shakes: especially ones form Dick’s, the thick and creamy texture mixed with the sweet strawberry taste is too hard to resist.

#4: Spaghetti: the tangy sauce calls my name, no meat balls for me please.

#5: Congee: any kind will do but I admit I absolutely love Ho Ho’s (a Chinese Restaurant in Seattle) Little Boat Congee. The smooth congee packs rich flavors which come from the jelly fish, fish, squid, peanuts, beef, ginger, cilantro and green onions. Goes perfectly with for the cold rainy months we have in Seattle.

#6: Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce: Something about the broccoli’s crunchy texture and saltiness from the oyster sauce that seems to attract my taste buds.

#7: Bún Bò Huế (Vietnamese Spicy Beef Noodles Soup): Noodles in hot and spicy broth served with an abundance of veggies, exactly the way I prefer my food.

#8: Chocolate: anything chocolate, chocolate bars, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake too good to give up in this lifetime.

#9: Shrimp Scampi: especially when it’s served with pasta and a fresh squeeze of lemon.

#10: Rice Vermicelli Dishes: I’m cheating on my last one hehehehehe, I absolutely adore the smooth texture of bún or rice vermicelli; they go well with almost anything.

My turn to tag….let’s see….

Lily from Lily’s Wai Sek Hong
Seadragon from Café of the East
Jingle's Kitchen

Your turn we’re waiting :D….

For you reading pleasures, I stumbled upon this link on the scientific aspects of “you are what you eat”. Enjoy.

Comments (4)

On 12:21 PM , Anonymous said...

Hey tt! Thanx for completing the assignment, nice favorite food list you have :)

 
On 2:09 PM , Claude Richard said...

Miam miam !
Happy New Year !

 
On 7:47 PM , hoangtam/tt said...

Hi Lin,
happy to do the assignment...btw what does meme mean?

Crescendo,
happy new year to you to.

 
On 11:11 PM , Anonymous said...

I'm not sure also, I kept asking myself this question too! is it memory? memorandum? *lol*